Re: Couldn't load XKB keymap... Can't switch to terminal mode

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 11:37:48AM EST, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently updated Sid, and found that Ctrl-Alt-Fx does not work
> anymore.  Video mode switching is also out, but I can kill the server
> with Ctrl-Alt-Bsp (though the normal shutdown works fine).  This happens
> with Fluxbox, Xfce, and Gnome.

Shot in the dark.

I've this kind of behavior a couple of times and it was the video driver
misbehaving.

You could try:

# chvt 2

.. see what happens.

Otherwise, if you are using a driver that's specific to your card, you
could try switching to the generic less capable VESA driver and see if
it makes a difference.

HTH

Thanks,
cga