Re: Couldn't load XKB keymap... Can't switch to terminal mode

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 01:58 -0500, cga2000 wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 11:37:48AM EST, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently updated Sid, and found that Ctrl-Alt-Fx does not work
> > anymore.  Video mode switching is also out, but I can kill the server
> > with Ctrl-Alt-Bsp (though the normal shutdown works fine).  This happens
> > with Fluxbox, Xfce, and Gnome.
>
> Shot in the dark.
>
> I've this kind of behavior a couple of times and it was the video driver
> misbehaving.
>
> You could try:
>
> # chvt 2

Thanks for the idea.  It works if I'm root.

The problem is not solved, though.  I don't know about the video driver
(nvidia's latest) as a possibility, except that it had to be some other
package being updated, making it incompatible with the driver.  Things
worked before the upgrade, without a switch in the driver (I roll my own
when it comes to those...).

Cheers,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,