USB2 Issues

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting my etch desktop to recognize a usb2 pci card.

The card is a  SYBA PCI USB 2.0 4+1 port controller card Model
SD-V2-5U, and it provides power to the device (mp3 player) I'm trying
to connect to, but nothing else.

I added ehci_hcd to /etc/modules, but this doesn't change anything.

Here is what lspci -v tells me about the card:

01:09.0 ACCESS Bus: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43) (prog-if 10)
       Subsystem: NEC Corporation Hama USB 2.0 CardBus
       Memory at ff0dd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

Plugging & unplugging the player has no effect in dmesg.

What else can I do to get this to work, or at least troubleshoot some more?
Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

pjd