Re: USB2 Issues

Þann 2007-02-11, 17:05:28 (-0500) skrifaði peter drew:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble getting my etch desktop to recognize a usb2 pci card.
>
> The card is a  SYBA PCI USB 2.0 4+1 port controller card Model
> SD-V2-5U, and it provides power to the device (mp3 player) I'm trying
> to connect to, but nothing else.
>
> I added ehci_hcd to /etc/modules, but this doesn't change anything.
>
> Here is what lspci -v tells me about the card:
>
> 01:09.0 ACCESS Bus: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43) (prog-if 10)
>         Subsystem: NEC Corporation Hama USB 2.0 CardBus
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 3
>         Memory at ff0dd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 0
>
> Plugging & unplugging the player has no effect in dmesg.
>
> What else can I do to get this to work, or at least troubleshoot some more?
> Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Well, first things would be to look if linux sees it at bootup (look
through dmesg) and if so, does it load the modules for it correctly
(look through lsmod) and if that is ok, then try hooking up a device
to it and see if lsusb sees anything.

HTH

Oli