Re: debian astrolog package tips

mrweb wrote:
On Saturday 10 February 2007 07:25, Jude DaShiell wrote:
An astrolog.dat file should have been included with the debian astrolog
package and wasn't.

<snip>

Hi,

I am using astrolog with both Sarge and Etch, it installed perfectly each time that i installed it with a simple call to "apt-get install astrolog" minus the quotes of course, and with your apt-get sources.lst properly adjusted.

<snip>

This is funny. I did not know about the astrolog package.

When I got started in PC's about 20 years ago, I first wrote an astrology program:
http://www.geocities.com/hugovanwoerkom/hugo.natal.jpeg

On M$ OS of course. I used a package from here to do it:
http://www.sciend.com/

In those days they were open source: you got the whole works when you bought the package. (Now no longer)

Then came Linux and then Debian and I ported everything to Linux.

Hugo