Re: debian astrolog package tips

On Sunday 11 February 2007 06:03, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> mrweb wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using astrolog with both Sarge and Etch, it installed perfectly each
> > time that i installed it with a simple call to "apt-get install astrolog"
> > minus the quotes of course, and with your apt-get sources.lst properly
> > adjusted.
>
> <snip>
>
> This is funny. I did not know about the astrolog package.
>
> When I got started in PC's about 20 years ago, I first wrote an
> astrology program:
> http://www.geocities.com/hugovanwoerkom/hugo.natal.jpeg
>
> On M$ OS of course. I used a package from here to do it:
> http://www.sciend.com/
>
> In those days they were open source: you got the whole works when you
> bought the package. (Now no longer)
>
> Then came Linux and then Debian and I ported everything to Linux.
>
> Hugo

Hugo,

Your chart image is fascinating and I am curious as to whether you still have
your application under development? If so I would very much like to give it a
try. I particularly like the inclusion of the aspectarian and the legend on
the face of the chart.

It is obvious as to why you have found GPC-Qt so valuable and have found many
ways to put this combination to good use.

OT - I read some of the La Jornada editorial translations and found them to be
quite interesting as well as telling.  However I found your
"do_hibernate_prep" script along with your kernel configs to be more
interesting and enjoyable to read.

--
Wade E Baisden	PCRE, Linux+, Server+
mrweb@forethought.net