Re: Introduction

Joe Hart wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a new Debian Etch user. I've switched from Kubuntu since I read about the new partnership of Ubuntu and Linspire. While I think the merging of the systems might be a good idea for new Linux users, those who have some experience with Linux will most likely feel that CNR is not the way to go.

Needless to say, I will do my best to contribute to THIS community and not THAT one. I find that both of those projects take far too much than they give back. If it weren't for Debian, neither would exist.

I am looking forward to Etch being marked Stable, and am quite curious to what the name of the next Testing Branch will be.

Sincerely,

Joe Hart

Joe, AFAIK CNR will be made available as an *option* on Ubuntu, but that apt will continue to be the primary software delivery vehicle. So, if CNR is "not the way to go" for someone, they can just ignore it. Is that not your understanding?

Jeff