Re: Opening ports in Shorewall in order to run an America's Army server

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 02:29:22PM +0100, Jan St??pie?? wrote:
> After successfully installing and, hopefully, correctly configuring AA
> server I was unable to connect to it. Accordingly to instructions given
> at http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/Linux_Server I've opened
> ports listed at the website above. Here you can see part of my
> /etc/shorewall/rules dedicated to the AA server:
>
> ACCEPT          net     fw      tcp     14200
[snip: more ports]

> Unfortunately the master game server still doesn't see my server. I've
> tried to telnet those ports, but:
>
> Trying [ip address]...

Could it be that you've opened the ports to allow connection attempts
from the net to your box but not from your box to the net?  You are
telneting _out_ so you would need to open from fw to net as well.

Doug.