Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:03:01PM -0500 or thereabouts, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> > News to me -- I've always used the package or application name. As an
> > aside, I thought that new applications for  Linux were encouraged to use
> > Info for documentation ...
> Info is what the FSF is pushing.  However, there's a dedicated community
> of info-haters.  Not that there are international standards about how to
> do the things info was once used for (HTML and all that) there seems
> little point in sticking to it.

OIC I keep getting confused on FSF and GNU priorities. I probably (as
you suggest) got that from someone advocating for FSF and didn't
understand the distinction at the time.

Stephen A.
Encrypted/Signed e-mail accepted (GPG or PGP) -- Key ID: 978BA045
Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be