Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 05:04:31PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:

> Okay, let's get back on topic. So far I have five other people who are
> interested in working on this documentation, I'm hoping to get a few
> more writers than editors before we begin (So far I believe 4/5 people
> who signed up want to be editors and not writers, which makes my job a
> lot more painful).

Count me in, if you haven't already.  I can write, but the collaborative
writing model I'd like to try is to pass the document(s) from hand to hand,
rewriting (not just editing) it each time until it stabilises.

We also need people to collect the information that needs to be organised
into documents.

And for a licence, we could at least consider just placing it in the public
domain.  Then anyone can use it.

Except, of course, when we incorporate text that can't be.

As for GPL, I've never figured out how the linking rules apply to
documentation.

-- hendrik