Debian dedicated server (provider)?

Hi -

I'm currently managing a small fleet of Stable and Testing systems for my employer, which live at Servermatrix.

On trying to order some new machines, I learn that Debian is no longer supported by them for new installs, due apparently to "incompatibilities with newer hardware". They are strikingly reluctant to give any further technical details, but this covers at least a dual-core Opteron with an LSI53C1030 SCSI controller (I have dmesg from Red Hat on this machine if anyone's interested) as well as Core 2 Duo machines.

So, this brings me to my two questions:

Does anyone know of a dedicated server provider who are capable of putting Debian on an up to date machine and who are cost/support competitive with Servermatrix? I've had a look at the Wiki list of known Debian-friendly hosts, but I'm very interested to hear actual experiences.

Does anyone know what these mysterious compatibility problems in fact are? I've had a look at http://wiki.debian.org/ServerHardware but nothing there looks sufficiently insuperable to justify terminating support for Debian.

Regards,

Steff