Re: Sound jerking with via 82xx soundcard

On 2/5/07, Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Artsd is nothing wrong, it's just used for KDE sounds.. none of
> players tried was using it. For being sure, i just killed it before
> next tests.
>
> Just tried mplayer, surprisingly it played almost normal (lag every 5
> or so seconds :D), i set verbosity to 5, and got some output at moment
> of lag (see below).
>
> >From this i suspect it could be some kind of buffering problem. As i
> understand, it's  lagging when it cant play some larger chunk, so it's
> trying smaller and smaller..
>
> Anyone have any ideas what buffer i could check/increase?
>
> Regards,
> Atis.

Hi
I had similar problems with kde sound system, noatun, kaffeine... which
disappeared when I configured kde not to deal with sound at all.

Why don't you use alsa?

regards

Im having troubles under alsa.. therefor everything that uses it (arts
or /dev/dsp emulation) also inherits it... Anyway, it doesn't matter
much now, as i bought Audigy and 5.1 speakers.. now playing with
asoundrc...

Regards,
Atis