Re: Sound jerking with via 82xx soundcard

Artsd is nothing wrong, it's just used for KDE sounds.. none of
players tried was using it. For being sure, i just killed it before
next tests.

Just tried mplayer, surprisingly it played almost normal (lag every 5
or so seconds :D), i set verbosity to 5, and got some output at moment
of lag (see below).

>From this i suspect it could be some kind of buffering problem. As i
understand, it's  lagging when it cant play some larger chunk, so it's
trying smaller and smaller..

Anyone have any ideas what buffer i could check/increase?

Regards,
Atis.

Hi
I had similar problems with kde sound system, noatun, kaffeine... which disappeared when I configured kde not to deal with sound at all.

Why don't you use alsa?

regards