Re: Default firewall in etch

On 2/1/07, Marc D Ronell <mronell@alumni.upenn.edu> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for all  of the suggestions.  Isn't there  a *default* firewall
install  when  you  setup  a  basic  version of  etch?   If  I  didn't
specifically  install  a  firewall,  does  that  mean  that  there  is
currently no firewall setup?

I  am happy  to  write and  work  with iptables  using  a script  from
/etc/init.d,  but  I thought  etch  might  have  a *default*  firewall
pre-configured?  Maybe not? :).

I think not :)

I use this script which is really easy to configure

http://linux.go2linux.org/?q=node/3

and also if you want more security and also be able to enter your site
with ssh, you can read this.

http://linux.go2linux.org/?q=node/6

hope it helps.

regards,

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."