Re: [TLUG]: running windows via kvm module -- any experiences?

On 2/1/07, Fraser Campbell <fraser@georgetown.wehave.net> wrote:
On Wednesday 31 January 2007 10:52, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:47:29AM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > yes, I know.  the core-duo hcips seem the obvious hcoice, probably
> > either a thinkpad x60 or a sony sz series.
>
> Make that Core 2 Duo.  The core Duo probably won't do it at all.

Nope, core duo is fine as well.  I have a Dell inspiron 6400 with a T2400
(IIRC) ... definitely a core duo and definitely has VT.  All core duos from
T2200 and up (if not earlier) should have VT capability.  I've tried HP,
Toshiba and Dell laptops and all had VT enabled and working fine for Xen.

How can I tell if my CPU support VT?
Could you please post your /proc/cpuinfo for comparison?

<<<
cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2400  @ 1.83GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 255
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
constant_tsc pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 3662.50

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2400  @ 1.83GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 1
siblings        : 1
core id         : 255
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
constant_tsc pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 3657.80

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/

Cheers,