New server: Sarge or Etch?

Hi,
in the next few days I'll have to replace an old server running Debian Sarge with a new machine, and I was wondering: maybe I should directly install Etch on it, now that it almost reached its "stable" status?

I know I could install Sarge and then upgrade to Etch afterwards, but a previous upgrade from Woody to Sarge was not totally successful, so I'd prefer to avoid this, if possible.

It's a production server so stability is important, although it mostly serves as a Samba PDC and file sharing machine, mailserver only for internal (LAN) mail, and some other minor stuff (HTTP, Jabber...).

Thanks.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.