Re: Huge fonts in openoffice.org user interface

On Monday 29 January 2007 03:06 am, Dan H. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've asked this question before in an OO forum, but didn't get any
> useful result.
>
> After a sarge->etch (and, consequently, oo-1.2 -> oo2.0) upgrade I found
> that all fonts in menus and dialog boxes are huge (see
>
> http://www.nanoscience.de/group_r/members/dhaude/stuff/OO_hugefonts.png
>
> for a 1:1 screenshot.
>
> As you can see in the dialog box in that screenshot, there is a "Use
> system font for user interface" checkbox. Unclicking it and re-starting
> the app doesn't make any difference at all, neither does changing
> default fonts in a KDE desktop environment (I normally don't use it; I
> just installed it for the purpose of trying to figure out what the heck
> OO thinks a "system font" is).
>
> BTW, the user interface scaling also scales document content and  is
> therefore not an option.
>
> Thanks
> --Dan
you might try removing the /home/user/.openoffice file and letting oo reset
its defaults from the .2 version. I had to do that when I tried using a
backport for sarge. It should set up a new .openoffice files and repopulate
from the factory settings. I have also had to do this with other apps such as
kde desktop as well.
--
John W. Foster