Huge fonts in openoffice.org user interface

Hello,

I've asked this question before in an OO forum, but didn't get any
useful result.

After a sarge->etch (and, consequently, oo-1.2 -> oo2.0) upgrade I found
that all fonts in menus and dialog boxes are huge (see

http://www.nanoscience.de/group_r/members/dhaude/stuff/OO_hugefonts.png

for a 1:1 screenshot.

As you can see in the dialog box in that screenshot, there is a "Use
system font for user interface" checkbox. Unclicking it and re-starting
the app doesn't make any difference at all, neither does changing
default fonts in a KDE desktop environment (I normally don't use it; I
just installed it for the purpose of trying to figure out what the heck
OO thinks a "system font" is).

BTW, the user interface scaling also scales document content and  is
therefore not an option.

Thanks
--Dan