Re: Re: ndiswraaper install error.

On 1/29/07, Angelo Bertolli <angelo@freeshell.org> wrote:
L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> Thanks for your time. I have done this using m-a a-i ndiswrapper.
> everything goes OK. My wifi interface is recognised as eth0 and
> ethernet one as eth1. I don't know how this done. But any reference to
> know is welcome. I could get connected also by the script as given by
> me earlier. Problem is it is neither get activated by hotplug nor by
> auto eth0 in interfaces.
>
> When I run the script after login, it gets connected.
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread but in /etc/modprobe.d you
should find a file called ndiswrapper.  I think you can edit that file
to change the alias of your interface from eth0 to wlan0 if you want.

I am afraid that may not be possible. something is creating the device eth0 as wireless one before ndiswrapper uses it. Problem is not that. Why lines in interfaces fail to get lease from dhcp server in first instance nad get it second time from the script

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/