Re: Raid trouble

> > I'm still learning here, and from what I understand I need to do
> >
> > mdadm --assemble --scan
> >
> > to get the /dev/md[x] to appear in my unstable installation (see
> > my setup in the first post), and then I can safely

You need the auto flag, either in mdadm.conf or on the command line.
Please read the manpage.

> > But do I have to disassemble raid somehow before I reboot into
> > my etch system? I mean do I have to kinda undo the mdadm command
> > above before I reboot?

Again, the manpage will tell you. The command you are looking for is

  mdadm --stop /dev/mdX

or to stop all:

  mdadm --stop --scan

> That should work.  It will stop things in a sensible manner if you
> just shutdown or reboot.

It will try, yes. And most of the time it'll succeed. Doesn't hurt
to do it explicitly though.

god is real, unless declared integer.
                                          (dedicated to gabriel gómez)