Small Network Setup with Debian Router

Hi,
I plan to set up a home network, a little bit more than a DSL-router-box
with the PC's connected to it. I could do so, but for reasons of fun
(hobby), the learning aspect and be in touch with future technologies, I
want to do it more flexible and controllable.

This is my plan:

                     [WiFi Access Point]

                                     |      PC3   PC2    PC1   LAPTOP
                                     |        |     |     |       |
                                    [-------Switch--------------------]

                                                      | NIC 1

                                            [Debian Router]

                                                 | NIC 2

                                             [DSL-Modem]

                                            outside(WAN)

All network interfaces should be Gigabit-interfaces.

So, my questions are:

1. Is this network setup realisable?

2. Is it correct to place the WiFi Access Point connected to the switch,
or better directly to the Debian Router?

3. I want to have the possibility to see the whole network traffic with
the router. Not only the traffic from the PC's through the router to the
outside world. How can I manage this? Do I have to buy a switch with the
port-mirroring feature? If so, how do I have to connect it to the Router?

4. Does someone have examples for Switches I could use?

Thank you for thinking of it, hope you can understand...

Kristian