Re: howto for setting up an debian home network router

Kristian Lampen wrote:
Hi,
I want to prepare an PC as a DSL-firewall-router for a small home-network, five PC (some windows, some debian). I have not found a suitable HOWTO or tutorial for this task. I use debian since five years, and know something about networking, but i would like to have the important things for building the DSL-router, in a compact form.

Is there someome who can help with finding information about this?

Thank you

Kristian

You might consider a combined modem/router box - these normally have built-in NAT and other firewall options managed via a browser. You may find this NewbieDOC article helpful, at least for the PC side of things: http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Broadband_-_setting_up_an_ethernet_ADSL_modem/router

--
Chris.