Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Sunday 28 January 2007 18:33, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Do you see a difference?
>
> You could have cancelled and looked into why that is.  iceweasel
> provides firefox because it *is* firefox.  There is no functional
> difference between firefox and iceweasel.  You're making a mountain
> out of a molehill.

Here's the part I don't get.  Even though I'm making a living as a
programmer, I'm self taught and have missed a lot -- and I don't know C
or C++.  I've tried to make sense of the listing of what was taken out
of Firefox to make Iceweasel, yet I found it hard to follow.

Just what was taken out as non-free if it doesn't effect functionality?
If it doesn't make a difference, why is it in there?  Or have all the
non-free things been replaced by free code already?

Hal