Re: File encryption

Try PGP. It is the most secure and reliable way. You can also have your own signature and public and private key as well. It is suitable to be used in emails too. I use PGP in Thunderbird and they work perfect together. It is also very fast and efficient when you want to encrypt lots of files with big capacity.

D.

Mark Crean wrote:
If wonder if anyone's got experience or advice to share about a good way of using file encryption on Debian Etch? There seem to be a lot of different methods, but which one might suit the following:

I only want to encrypt a single folder with personal stuff in it. Around 200 files or so. (The Truecrypt virtual disk/containers idea sounds ideal, but I don't want to use Truecrypt. It's not in the Debian repositories and I'm looking for something that has full Debian support.) I guess I could use pgp but I'm wondering if there is something else that offers the virtual disk/containers idea or similar.

TIA

:)

Mark