Re: File encryption

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:56:38PM +0100, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Try PGP. It is the most secure and reliable way. You can also have your
> own signature and public and private key as well. It is suitable to be
> used in emails too. I use PGP in Thunderbird and they work perfect
> together. It is also very fast and efficient when you want to encrypt
> lots of files with big capacity.

PGP has a different usage model -- namely that you're
communicating with someone far away and you don't have a
secure channel to pass a password to him. In the case of
encrypting your files, you don't need to worry about that,
and you can use a symmetric key with a password that you
remember.

Check this page for help with encrypting a filesystem:
http://encryptionhowto.sourceforge.net/Encryption-HOWTO-4.html

Or more generally, perhaps,
http://google.com/search?q=linux+encrypted+filesystem

Let us know if that helps.