Re: Dell i600m - broadcom 4306 wifi problem in etch.

On 1/28/07, Jan Schledermann <spamtrap@schledermann.org> wrote:
L.V.Gandhi wrote:

<snip>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
> # auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> pre-up ifconfig eth0 up
> pre-up grep -q ndiswrapper /proc/modules || modprobe ndiswrapper
> wireless_essid "mohan"
> wireless_key "xxxxxxxxxx"
> wireless_mode managed
> post-up ifmetric wlan0 5
<snip>
> How to get connected while booting with wireless? Why I get no eth0
> initially? How to get eth0 intially?

The reason why you do not get eth0 AUTOmatically, is that you have commented
out the "auto eth0" statement.
Remove the "#" in front of the "# auto eth0" and it'll happen.

I think allow-hotplug eth0 line should take care. Only either this or auto eth0 should be there. I tried was you said also. Still the problem remains the same.
--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/