Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Sunday 28 January 2007 06:43, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 12:18:09AM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > >
> > > If going to the Mozilla website to download and install Firefox
> > > is too much work for you, Debian is definitely not a good choice
> > > for you.  You might try another OS called Windows--I hear it's
> > > got its own browser that's pretty popular.
> >
> > Now that's just mean.  See my earlier response about rudeness being
> > a weak man's imitation of strength.  You've made good points in
> > your other posts on this thread, but there is no reason to be that
> > mean to a frustrated user.  It just pours fuel on the fire and
> > justifies those who say that Linux people are more concerned about
> > acting superior because they think they're smart than in helping
> > others.
>
> Shouldn't that be:
>
> "... Linux people are more concerned about acting superior than
> helping others because they think they're smart." :-)

In the phrase "they think they're" you've got a problem.  The
word "they" is used twice and it's not clear whether it refers
to "Linux people" or "others".  I used to teach English, but that was
over a decade ago, so I can't remember, but I think it would be
expressed as a pronoun without a clear antecedent.

Hal