Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 08:45:39AM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> I fully agree that a warning that this was a replacement would have been
> a "GOOD THING (TM)".  I also agree that the OP went overboard in his
> vehemence.  Can we now move on to other things, since we all agree on
> this one?

There were ample warnings given.  In fact it was even in mentioned in
the Oct 13 edition of the Debian Weekly News.  Now, you can't expect
that every single transitional package warn its users because:

- It would be loads of legacy cruft to carry around for multiple
  releases
- It would be a terrible abuse of debconf or other such systems
- Most people don't care

Out of curiousity, what about Iceweasel is so different that you dislike
it from Firefox?

Regards,

-Roberto

--