Re: Rsync, how to include ~/.files but not ~/.dirs

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:47:02 +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

>> unfortunately that's not an option. I have to use it. The OP is for
>> illustration purpose only.
>
> That's contradicting what you said before. You want to rsync .files, so
> just drop the recursive option.
>
> If you want to transfer all non-dot directories, maybe the easiest
> solution is to do rsync twice: once recursively without .files and once
> non-recursively for .files.

I should have said I was trying to backup the /home directory, although
the exclude list hinted so. I was trying to cut the craps, not bring along
a life long story, but apparently I trimmed too much. :-)

Ok, fair enough. two pass is a solution. But I have to add every single
user in my /home directory, and if there is change in account, i.e. more or
less people, I'll be in trouble.

Anyway, if that's the only solution. fine.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/