Re: Rsync, how to include ~/.files but not ~/.dirs

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:52:10 +0000 (UTC)
"][" <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I should have said I was trying to backup the /home directory,
> although the exclude list hinted so. I was trying to cut the craps,
> not bring along a life long story, but apparently I trimmed too
> much. :-)
>
> Ok, fair enough. two pass is a solution. But I have to add every
> single user in my /home directory, and if there is change in account,
> i.e. more or less people, I'll be in trouble.

You could script that part. A trivial example:

    cd /home
    for FILE in $(ls); do file $FILE; done

> Anyway, if that's the only solution. fine.

I understand your frustration. A solution which allows you to
distinguish between dot directories and other directories would be
neater.

--

Liam