Re: replying to a message in debian-user

On Thursday 25 January 2007 10:26, Easthope wrote:
> When I work at home, thunderbird can send a
> reply to a message posted on this list.
>
> Presumeably it sends the Message-id of the
> preceeding message, or a thread identifier
> to the list maintenance program to allow
> connecting the new message into the correct
> thread.
>
> Thunderbird is not available when I am away
> from home.  Then I must use a Web based MUA,
> MailSite Express version 7.0.3, Rockliffe
> Email Server.
>
> In this circumstance, is there any way to
> reply to a message so that the thread
> connection is maintained?

Well, if your web-based MUA supports it, it can and should do threading
correctly. Barring that, as long as the subject stays intact, often other
people's MUA will do pseudo-threading by subject line if there is no other
threading information in the headers.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>