Re: top post fixer?

John C wrote:

> It's kinda like a religious fanaticism... "everyone should act
> and believe like I do". And yes, you're absolutely right - there
> is too much bile being spewed at top posters.
>
> So which is best, top posting or bottom posting?  Who knows? Who
> &^%^% cares?

Anybody with a limited amount of attention or bandwidth.  Bottom posting is
just as bad as top posting.  Conversational order and trimming is the key,
failing to do so is bloody rude.
http://wiki.ursine.ca/Best_Online_Quoting_Practices#Why_bottom-posting_also_isn.27t_the_answer

> I certainly don't. On this list however, I normally
> bottom post primarily because a good deal of the folks on Debian
> User (many of them extremely helpful members) seem to have a
> problem following the thread if it's top posted.

Probably because top posting destroys context and makes high volumes
of messages difficult to manage.  Blaming your laziness on your
audience is bad form.  Then again, so is violating the list rules by
CCing people instead of using reply to list, and we can plainly see
how much you cared about that.