Re: Possible New User - Intro

Kevin Monceaux wrote:
Hugo,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:09:18AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

One package I use heavily is the Hercules mainframe emulator.
<snip>

That's the first I heard of it:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/otherosfs/hercules

What operating system facilities do you use with it?

Mostly I run MVS.  Current versions of IBM mainframe operating systems such
as zOS, zVM, zVSE are not available to hobbyists but versions of MVS, VM,
and/or DOS from the late 60's to early 70's are available.  One can find
details on the Hercules FAQ page:

http://www.Hercules-390.org/hercfaq.html

It takes me back to 1973, who knows what MVS - TCAM - TSO that was. Systems programming.

Hugo