Re: Possible New User - Intro

Hugo,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:09:18AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> >One package I use heavily is the Hercules mainframe emulator.
>
> <snip>
>
> That's the first I heard of it:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/otherosfs/hercules
>
> What operating system facilities do you use with it?

Mostly I run MVS.  Current versions of IBM mainframe operating systems such
as zOS, zVM, zVSE are not available to hobbyists but versions of MVS, VM,
and/or DOS from the late 60's to early 70's are available.  One can find
details on the Hercules FAQ page:

http://www.Hercules-390.org/hercfaq.html

Hercules can also be used to run Linux distributions that have been ported
to the S/390 and/or zSeries platforms, such as Debian:

http://www.Debian.org/ports/s390/

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX

Longum iter est per preaecepta, breve et efficax per exempla!!!