Re: Possible New User - Intro

Kevin Monceaux wrote:
Fellow Debian Enthusiasts,

I'm teetering on the fence between Arch Linux and Debian Linux.  So, I
thought I'd post an intro in hopes that someone will give me a gentle nudge
in the right direction. Forgive me if I ramble a bit.
I've been a Linux user for years.  I started with Slackware in the 1.x
kernel days.  I then used Makdrake for a while.  For the past couple of
years I've been using Gentoo.  But, a few things about Gentoo have been
getting on a couple of my nerves lately.  This is further complicated due to
the fact that I used to work in food service, so I only have three nerves
left.  Anyway, I've been trying various distributions under VMWare in search
of one that I like.

I had just about decided to go with Arch Linux.  It's package management
system works well and it's ABS(Arch Build System) system makes it easy to
tweek existing packages and/or create new packages. One package I use heavily is the Hercules mainframe emulator.

<snip>

That's the first I heard of it:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/otherosfs/hercules

What operating system facilities do you use with it?

Hugo

PS Stick with Debian, it's the only way to fly...