Re: [OT] Re: top post fixer?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 11:55:32AM -0500, celejar wrote:
> >Liberty

> >> By the way, I do love the quote. :-)
> >
> >So did I, as soon as I saw it.  There are a lot of similarly great
> >quotes from Jefferson and his friends, but this is one of the few that I
> >can fit into a 4-line .sig.  :)
>
> I would respectfully differ. This sort of thing is stirring but
> somewhat content-free.

I won't disagree with you.  Many (most?) of the other great quotes I
mentioned earlier are much better and I'd rather use them.  But that this
one (and the Franklin quote you mentioned) have the deciding advantage
that they can be crammed into a four-line-by-70ish-column signature,
while those with real meat to them are too large for that.