Re: CPU0: Temperature above threshold

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 09:32:42PM +0200, Justin Hartman wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >1) is this a new problem on a machine you are familiar with? or a new
> >   problem on a new (to you) machine?
>
> This is a brand new problem on a one month old server. This problem
> started soon after I installed and ran my first FTP backup using
> duplicity. I never had a problem until this happened.

if its truly a brand-new machine, then it sounds like maybe something
hasn't been hooked up right, or maybe the cpu cooler is not properly
installed or properly bedded in the thermal grase -or- maybe the
thermal grease hasn't "Set" yet. I know some of them require a certain
time/temp before they'll properly cure and start functioning. or maybe
that's just marketing crap...

> >2) have you cracked the case and cleaned out all the damn cat hair?
>
> The server is housed in a datacenter in Texas. The only way for me to
> do this is to have them check it out for me. I am having a new hard
> drive installed on the machine later today so I'll get them to do all
> these checks for me.

Texas? no wonder! oh, that's right, record cold down there. You know,
maybe it possible the record cold is borking thier datacenter a/c? so
many possibilities, good luck