Re: kmail SMTP problems

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:46:27 +0100
Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I try to set up kmail to use SMTP on google mail accounts. I have
> tried to do this on my machine here (Debian sarge) as a test and
> everything works fine. But (as a Gnus user) I do not need kmail for
> me, but try to set it up on another machine which is a Debian sid
> system. But whatever I tried I cannot send mail from Kmail there. The
> mail just stays in the outgoing mail directory without any error
> message being displayed. I couldn't find an error log file either.
> I *can* send messages using 'mail' on the command line, but not with
> kmail.
>
> How can I find out what the problem might be?
>
> Robert

Are you trying to use an MTA to send? If not then the fact that you can
send using 'mail' is not relevant.

Check kmail's preferences. There is usually a setting like 'keep
messages in queue', and kmail will not (try to) send them until you use
the Send/Receive (or whatever it is called) button.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Sorry for suggesting trivial stuff, but you didn't provide enough
info so I'm just guessing.
(Albert Einstein)