Re: SMTP server

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:03:04 +0000
Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 11:16:39AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > Making postfix the default is on the wish-list for etch release:
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/EtchTODOList
>
> I'm not sure who put it there (and there's no url to a
> discussion, making me suspect it was "J Random Postfix

I found a thread over this issue on d-devel dating back to 1999.

> Fan"), but I'd be suprised if that was actioned for Etch
> (which is now in freeze) and to be honest, I'd hope it never
> happened at all.

That's a matter of personal preference. Even though I am a fan myself I
think configuring postfix is much easier for the new user. Advanced
users have should no trouble changing it to whatever they need.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)