Re: curious USB hard drive problem

On 1/16/07, Digby Tarvin <digbyt@acm.org> wrote:
The Debian install was done with the older (working)
enclosure, so everything seems to be there. pmount
and hal are installed - is there any configuration
that needs to be done to try what you have in mind?

no. I had a similar problem with my onboard CF card reader. When a CF
card is plugged in, it was listed but not mounting automatically or
manually and after a little googling I found out that pmount is needed
but after installing that, it still didnt work and further googling
suggested that hal should also be in the mix. After installing hal it
works perfectly. All I have to do is to plug in the card and it works.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.