Re: Purge Hotplug?

On 15 Jan 2007, Francisco Zabala wrote:
> On 1/15/07, Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> >Just did a large dist-upgrade on another computer.  A message scrolled
> >by saying /etc/init.d/hotplug was found, please purge hotplug.  Could
> >this be right?  The apt-cache show hotplug description says hotplug can
> >now do almost everything but slice bread.
> >
> >Tom
> >

> >--
> >

> Seems like udev is handling everything now.  Use dpkg -P hotplug to
> purge, though you might get unexpected results on boot. For instance,
> I had to modify my hard drives from hda --> sda   because of the
> change for hotplug to udev (I guess they use a different naming
> scheme).

I'm still using hotplug on my Thinkpad to make the wireless card work.
In fact, I'm holding my version of hotplug because when in the past I've
upgraded to the version in Unstable it has not worked.  I did once
fiddle with udev but retired defeated.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian