Re: DVD menu creator

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:53:36 +0000
andy <geek_show@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Kees de Koster wrote:
> > In article <7CpkT-5SI-23@gated-at.bofh.it>, andy wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all
> >>
> >> Although I have been using the command line to write up quick and
> >> dirty xml files to use in the process of burning DVD video files
> >> to disk, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a
> >> (graphical) application that would do this for me. A friend in
> >> Windows-world is using something by Nero that provides him with
> >> different options to write chapters and menus, to have a
> >> graphic/thumbnails show when the DVD is inserted into the drive
> >> and so forth. I was just curious if a similar application existed
> >> for Debian.
> >>
> >> Thanks

> > You can take a look at DVD-Styler http://www.dvdstyler.de/
> >
> > Kees
> >
> Thanks Kees - that seems to do the trick.

I hope I'm not barging in on a thread, but I took an interest in
DVD-Styler to try it out on some home movies.  I ran into a problem
with the number of mpeg files I include.  Once I get over 30 mpeg files
(with or without menu buttons, etc.) I get an error that states:

ERR: Too many 'pre|post|cell' commands or too complicated.  Try
simplifying or disabling jumppad.

(The wording may be slightly different that this).  Is this a
limitation of DVD-Styler?  I tried Googling for ways to solve it but
couldn't find anything.  If it is a limitation, can I combine the mpeg
files together to reduce the number of files in the DVD?

Thanks a bunch!

> Cheers

Travis Crook
Visions Beyond