Re: light-weight rescue live CD?

Douglas Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:22:00PM -0800, Alan Ianson wrote:
On Wed January 10 2007 20:45, Douglas Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:28:38PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:13:38PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:
Of course this won't work with my new box: SATA drives, LVM on raid1,
etc.  Knoppix is a huge iso and I'm on dial-up in the country (2K/s)
and will take 72 hrs via ftp.

I'm looking for debian-based since I know how it works e.g. setting up
networking, raid and lvm stuff, etc.  It'll only take 9 nights to get
Knoppix so I'll do that and perhaps later make a USB-based rescue set up
like I had for woody-floppy (with 4GB instead of 1.44 MB to play with).
Have you had a look at http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/ ? You might find that interesting.

I'll dl it and check it out.  I note, however, that the most recent is
made from Etch in October.  I'll also check out the live-package, and
search for others.

Thanks,

Doug.

You could try RIPLinux. It's not Debian based that I know of, but it's a small download, 72 megs even with X support, and has a plethora of recovery type tools, a combination of both gui and text. I have found it useful quite a few times.
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/