Re: Gnome

On (11/01/07 18:50), Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> my laptop have a small LCD screen, and I found the defaults fonts,
> bars and icons too large: what is the best way to reduce theirs size
> (and thus to enlarge my screen) ?

You need to check your screen resolution:

Go to: System > Preferences > Screen Resolution

You should be able to choose a higher resolution from the drop down.

However, if you're already on the highest res available you probably
need to reconfigure X

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

It helps to have some information of your screen's capabilities and
parameters when doing this.

Regards

Clive

--