Re: Gnome

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 18:50 +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> my laptop have a small LCD screen, and I found the defaults fonts,
> bars and icons too large: what is the best way to reduce theirs size
> (and thus to enlarge my screen) ?

Hi,

If you are running Etch, the font preferences are in System >
Preferences > Font. You can also try adjusting the resolution (dpi) of
the fonts by pressing "Details".

For icons, try System > Preferences > File Management and change the
default zoom level.

You can also use the Menu and Toolbar Preferences to remove icons from
menus (or put text beside icons) and maybe save some screen space.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson