Re: Encrypted email question

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:46:50AM +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
> All MUAs I've tried will send a single email, possibly encrypting it for
> multiple recipients.  This doesn't allow sending encrypted to some and
> in the clear to some.

What threat are you trying to combat? If anyone is reading
your mail as it goes over the wire, they'll just look at the
unencrypted copy. They'll know that the unencrypted copy is
the same message as the encrypted one, because it has the
same headers.

I don't know of any MUAs that support this out of the box,
because it's not particularly useful. I'm sure mutt could be
hacked to make it happen, though; mutt can be hacked to make
anything happen.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org