Re: totem media player...

From: Marcelo Gondim <jetblast@click21.com.br>
To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: totem media player...
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:20:40 +0000

Hello!

     I was able to watch it with the Firefox's extension Media Player
Connectivity and the Real Player plugin:
http://www.real.com/linux/?rppr=rnwk&src=040104freeplayer

     I hope it works for you.

     Cheers!

Thanks for this advice. I went on the firefox plugin site and installed the Media Player Connectivity thing. I had also installed the VLC media player as suggested in an earlier posting.

I then had to restart firefox. Then the media player connectivity beastie spring into life and started to sniff around and look for media players on my machine. It found a bunch and seemed to settle on VLC as its favourite one. Then when I went on the web site with the video on it I got the AV box from firefox but then the media player connectivity plugin made a new little window for me. I then clicked on it and it fired up VLC. Then I was able to watch the video.....

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Michael Fothergill