Re: PPRacer and video card problem

David Shultz wrote:
On 1/7/07, Marty <martyb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
I see where the Display Data Channel (or DDC protocol, which IDs your
monitor) module (ddc) is loaded, but none of the output. Maybe you
are missing the I2C drivers for your motherboard or the graphics card
drivers, both of which are required. I would expect to get away with
generic monitor settings with a CRT, but probably not with non-CRT
display.

Thanks for detecting that. Sorry for my ignorance but how do i load
i2c driver

I don't know how you do it, but first I look at the motherboard to see which I2C chip it uses and then compile the driver into the kernel. If I used modules I would probably just load them all up and see which one works.

 and also how to detect my monitor?

You don't.  The DDC protocol exists specifically to automate monitor detection.