PPRacer and video card problem

I'm a newbie and having a bit of problem. I have a debian sarge
system(amd64 3400, 1gb RAM and MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R mobo and samtron
76V crt monitor) with visiontek's xtasy 6564 powered by nvidia geforce3
Ti200(64mb ddr memory). Also had installed nvidia driver. Recently
I've replaced that monitor with LG's LCD monitor (L204WT) at 1680x1024
(native resolution). After that I'm experiencing a problem. When i'm
playing ppracer and moving very fast picture gets blurry and can see a
line on the screen which happens when frame changes fast also the
background of that game(the snowy hills at the back) is pixelated. Is
there anyway to know for sure what is causing this problem? How can I
fix this? For information, the manual of my video card says it can
handle resolution upto 2048x1536 Thanks.

--Regards
   David