Re: PPRacer and video card problem

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 21:36 -0500, David Shultz wrote:
> I'm a newbie and having a bit of problem. I have a debian sarge
> system(amd64 3400, 1gb RAM and MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R mobo and samtron
> 76V crt monitor) with visiontek's xtasy 6564 powered by nvidia
> geforce3
> Ti200(64mb ddr memory). Also had installed nvidia driver. Recently
> I've replaced that monitor with LG's LCD monitor (L204WT) at
> 1680x1024
> (native resolution). After that I'm experiencing a problem. When i'm
> playing ppracer and moving very fast picture gets blurry and can see
> line on the screen which happens when frame changes fast also the
> background of that game(the snowy hills at the back) is pixelated. Is
> there anyway to know for sure what is causing this problem? How can I
> fix this? For information, the manual of my video card says it can
> handle resolution upto 2048x1536 Thanks.
>
> --Regards
>    David

Doesn't sound so much like a video problem as you are experiencing a
trait of LCD monitors.

LCD monitors have a "fade" time between pixel changes, usually measured
along the order of 8-10 ms (100 ms in a second)

This is paticularly visible if you move your mouse (or a white object)
around over a black background.

The only way to get rid of this is to watch what you buy (aim for as
small of a "response time" as possible.) or abandon LCDs all together
and stick to CRTs (that is what I use)